We serve as wrongful death lawyers in Mesa AZ and can offer you a free consultation in order to help your family in these hard times.
The loss of a loved one can be terribly difficult to endure. However, that loss and devastation is compounded when the death could have been prevented or avoided.
A cause of action for claim or wrongful death is typically brought by the victim’s heirs or beneficiaries and is asserted against the party who wrongfully caused the death.
Because of the loss of life – and usually because the conduct that caused the death was egregious or wantonly reckless – the dollar value sought for such claims can and usually is substantial.
In a typical wrongful death claim, the surviving party or parties bringing the claim can recover for the following items:
- The earnings of the victim from the time of death to what is or would have been the typical age of retirement age;
- Any and all medical care, treatment, and/or support from the date of the victim’s injury to the date the victim died;
- Funeral and burial expenses;
- Loss of employment related benefits (i.e., medical coverage, retirement, pension, etc.); and
- Loss of consortium or the loss of spousal companionship and support or the loss of parental protection, companionship, and nurturing for any surviving minor children.
Because the dollar amount sought in a wrongful death claim is so substantial, those defending such claims will do everything in their power to ensure that they claim is defended and that there is no liability assessed or settlement reached. Thus, it is critically important that you are represented by a legal team who will aggressively and competently pursue the case.
If a loved one or someone close to you has died as a result of someone else’s negligent, inappropriate, or even criminal behavior, please call us immediately for a FREE CONSULTATION. We will discuss the potential wrongful death claim with you privately and discuss with you all of your options.